CLICK THE ICON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE
PAGE TO REGISTER FOR TRYOUTS.
A NET-FULL OF INFORMATION BELOW
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU REGISTER
U10 BOYS AND GIRLS, 8 & 9 YEAR OLDS PLAY AGAINST TEAMS FROM THE TRI-CITIES & SURROUNDING AREA.
U11, U12, U13 & U14 BOYS AND GIRLS ALONG WITH U16 & U19 GIRLS (FALL ONLY) & U16 AND U19 BOYS (SPRING ONLY) PARTICIPATE IN THE MID-MIHIGAN YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE.
PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS:
Brian Watson - BASA U11 through U19 Travel Coordinator: E-mail at email@example.com or 989-225-4514
Jason Dore - BASA U9 & U10 Travel Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 989 737-3391
This season we are registering players ON-LINE before actual tryouts begin to avoid filling out paper work and standing in lines before tryouts.
- After you click the Icon at the bottom of this page, log into your Blue Sombrero Account (which is the software we use for our Regular Registrations) click the register now tab found. Available programs will come up for your player and at that time you will check TRAVEL TRYOUT CAMP. Follow the registration process as presented and please answer all questions including giving us accurate uniform sizes!!! Please ignore and skip the page that asks you for volunteering info and when you check out, Blue Sombrero states it will charge your credit card which won’t happen since tryouts are free!!! Remember you are not registered until you receive an onscreen registration confirmation.
- This registration does not take the place of officially registering for the team your player has made once tryouts have been completed. There is NO COST TO TRYOUT.
- One of the registration questions ask if you are formally requesting your player to move up an age division. Please answer accordingly and remember that the system is going to register the player in the correct age bracket division regardless of how you answer that question. BASA will take care of any player’s registration changes.
- You can still register in person before tryouts. However, we really would appreciate registering on-line.
- PLEASE REGISTER EVEN IF YOUR PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY TRAVEL BUT CANNOT MAKE DESIGNATED TRYOUT DATES. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO ACCOMIDATE SPECIAL SITUATIONS. I.E. Out of town, sick or injured. Please contact our coordinator Brian Watson.
BASA TRAVEL FEES
U9 through U14 Boys & Girls = $275.00 for Fall & Spring Season
U16 & U19 Girls = $130.00 for FALL SEASON ONLY.
Materials required for tryouts:
Properly inflated ball, Shin-guards, Drink. Plain clothing. Please do not wear anything that indicates past or present travel team participation
AGES BY August 1, of current year.
- U10-Typically 3rd & 4th grade Ages 8 & 9 (7 Yr olds and going into second grade need to request to tryout and must score in the upper 15 % of the entire player pool to be eligible to be drafted unless team rosters permit adding 7 yr olds without eligible 8 and 9 yr olds filling those positions. Exception to this rule is made for a coaches child, however, all teams in that specific gender division must carry the maximum number of players allowed, which is eleven.)
- U11-Typically 5th grade Age 10
- U12-Typically 6th grade Age 11
- U13-Typically 7th grade Age 12
- U14-Typically 8th grade Age 13
- U16-Typically 9th & 10th grade Ages 14 & 15
- U19-Typically 11th & 12th grade Ages 16, 17 & 18
What are coaches looking for?
- Higher skilled players who are willing to work hard to improve their skills and knowledge of the game within the framework of a high performing team.
- U11 teams are newly formed teams and are looking for 12-14 players to fill their rosters. We will most likely have 2 U11 and 2 U12 Girls Travel Teams. U13 teams typically are looking to add 3-5 players since these teams begin playing 11 vs. 11 matches.
- Most seasons BASA has more players’ try-out than there are open slots on teams. This means not everyone that tries-out will make a team. Players will here from their coaches within 7 days after the last day of tryouts.
- Teams are formed based on a 1 year commitment, except for U16G and U19G which are fall season or spring season only teams. BASA does not typically refund any registration fees if the player leaves¸ unless there are extreme circumstances.
- Most select teams practice twice per week. High school teams typically practice once per week. Games are typically played Saturday and Sunday but are occasionally played on weeknights.
- Travel distances for U11 on up range from Saginaw/Midland to Lapeer or Lansing. A listing of teams we may play matches with can be found on the MMYSL website. (www.mmysl.net)
Uniform samples will be onsite for sizing to expedite purchases after teams are selected.
CLICK THE ICON TO REGISTER FOR TRYOUTS
You will need Adobe® Reader® to view the Tryout Schedule.